Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lunch Break Thoughts

When I started this blog I intended it to be more or less my online diary of our homeschooling experience. I wanted to show the good and the bad, our triumphs and struggles. I write this not to complain or brag, but to hopefully encourage someone as I sort out my feelings.

For the most part this has been a wonderful ride...today however is one of those that I don't wish to ride again at least not for a long time. Let me explain. DD can pretty much work on her own. DS needs more of my help even of it's just staying focused. So, I sit with him as he does his grammar and math and work through each problem. Today he had a test. He was on his own. I left the room to get some things done. I had to tell them a few times to stop talking. They only got quieter. After a reasonable time I came back in to find that he only finished 6 problems on his test!! This and a few other things got to me. I was not the most patient mom today. These are the days that I have to stay focused on the big picture.

No comments: