Friday, September 19, 2008

Right-Brained/Left-Brained


In my pursuit to teach our kids the best I can teach them, I do a good amount of reading. I read more about HS and teaching then anything else, after the Bible. Long story short, I believe I have found out some of DS problems. He is a Right-Brained learner. DD is a Left-Brain learner. Which leaves me going from teaching right to left, right to left...equals tired brain for mom. I have found some info on teaching the Right-Brained learner, and am praying that it helps. Most of the world, curriculum is set up for Left-Brain learners. I took a quiz to see what type of learner I am. The results say that I am 60% Left-Brained and 40% Right-Brained. (I guess all of that teaching back and forth is balancing me out!) I have a lot of reading to do the next few days. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments: