Tuesday, September 7, 2010
By the Numbers
I just couldn't think of a better title.
Going into our fourth week of school, we have some reviews for you.
This is all Sonlight reviews...Core 7. Again, both kids 7th and 9th grade do this together.
1. BBC...let's say we started on page 36 this morning and dear daughter asks, "What is this all about anyway?" It is part of our bible studies. Granted, they know a lot of this info already. But you can tell how well they have been paying attention.
2. The King's Fifth...they did not enjoy reading this. This is part of the group of books they read themselves. Now when I asked them the questions, they did pretty good.
3. Don't All Religions Lead to God?...We ended up skiming through this one. Again, they knew much of this anyway (without all of the details). We will quickly move onto the next book, How to Stay a Christain in High School.
4. The Iron Peacock...another read-themselves books. They are still reading it, but are enjoying this one much better. I enjoyed it better to. I read the read-themself books in bed.
5. The Story of the World Vol.3 Early Modern Times...History. If the stories were longer, I would lose them. But we do geography here (and with some of the afore mentioned books). We also have the Usborne Encyclopedia of World History. (It's not pictured here.) I think it's a great follow up on to the preivous book. Love the photos.
6. A Murder for Her Majesty...they kids thought it strated out boring, but golly, we are hooked! Each chapter leaves you hanging! We will finish it this week...can't wait to see how it ends!
Over all, I really like how the Sonlight is laid out. Will try to post some science photos soon.